Whether you choose abstract paintings or any other type of wall art, you need to know how to hang your pieces to have a good looking décor and a relaxing attractive wall for that matter. It's one thing to have striking arts for your wall and quite another if you end up hanging them in all the wrong places or crowding them on one side of the wall. If you have photos and art pieces, you need to strike a balance to have amazing results with your wall. Here is what you can do to get the best look.
1. Be very practical especially when hanging your art pieces in sensitive areas such as the bathroom and kitchen. They should be in a location where they are not all that exposed to grease, water and heat. You should also ensure that you choose the right art materials for such areas to keep damages at bay.
2. Have the right hanging materials. Some of the paintings can be very expensive and you don't want to risk falls that can be damaging. For this reason, make sure that you choose the best hanging hooks for the pieces. Hooks are better that screws and nails because they are secure and they offer you an easy time keeping the art level even a single hanging point. Ensure that the hooks can withstand the weight of the frame.
3. Hang your art where it can be seen from a comfortable eye level. Hanging a wall art so high up on your wall as a protective measure will not do it justice because it ends up hiding its beauty. Even large wall art pieces should be placed near eye level or slightly above eye level to expose the beauty to all who come across them.
4. When looking at the number of wall paintings you need in your room, consider other items that you have in the room. If you have plenty of decorative items in your room, then you are better off going easy on the walls by using large pieces sparingly compared to clustering or grouping a number of them on the wall because they make your room look too busy. In case you have fewer items, then you can group framed pieces and photographs to strike a balance and work your décor to the best.
5. Match your art size with the size of your walls. If you have small narrow walls choose smaller pieces and for expansive walls go for larger art pieces. There are so many large wall arts you can choose from to get the best from your wall.
6. Choose art colors and styles that complement your interior décor style. Factors that can help you choose abstract paintings that are best include your choice of furniture and how vibrant, neutral or dark the space is.
7. When hanging your art, ensure that the light will be directed to it to give dramatic elegant emphasis to it. The lighting should however be gentle.
Large wall art can be very impressive and it can transform your will without the need to include any other decorative features. Make all considerations when choosing your abstract paintings and hang with an open mind for best results.